Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Facial, Massage, & Ball game...

I've been blessed with another birthday. Thank you Jesus. I'm currently holding two jobs, balancing out necessities v.s. wants, and at times it all seems too chaotic, and yet-- I'm happier than I've ever been.

The problems are still there, but God helps me put a smile on my face each and every day. I am humbled by His love and mercy. He holds me, and cradles me with tenderness. Jesus rocks my world! I've said it before, and I'll say it until the day I die: Lord, you rock my world!

This year, I've decided to treat myself to three things for my birthday: a facial, a massage, and a ball game.... Believe it or not, I'm a sucker for facials and massages, and all that spa stuff. I can't help it. I get all giddy when I'm on my way to a spa, or even when I book an appointment. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does-- you can bet your right _____ (fill in the blank), that I'm overly excited about it.

Other than that, I'm also treating myself to a ball game. 'Cause, you know, I need to balance out the girlie stuff. One of my favorite things to do is to go to live sport events. My favorite, by far, has got to be soccer. So as you can imagine, this year I'm all giddy about the World Cup too!!... but, hey, futbol, football, boxing, baseball, basketball--- you'll catch me screaming, either way.

This year: I'm ever-and-eternally grateful that God has granted me another year... all these other little things are extras He allows me to do while I'm here. He provides the job (jobs, in my case!) to pay for a little pampering here and there, He provides me with good health to keep working, and be able to pay for these things.... And if He's chosen to grant me another year of life, it's because He's not done with His mission with me, and that right there-- is more exciting than any spa treatment I could ever get!

No comments:

Post a Comment